Skip to content
Loading…

206 reasons I love you

Naomi_EvernightStar
Public 2 conversations 4 thoughts 5 upvotes 0 downvotes 0 series

"Never break someone's heart," I said. "They only have one."

In groups

Post content

"Never break someone's heart," I said. "They only have one."

Victoria didn't even look up from her book.

"Break their bones instead."

I blinked.

"What?"

Victoria turned a page.

"They have two hundred and six of those."

I sighed. Her gray eyes met mine.

"Get used to it, Theodore. You're stuck with me anyway"

Thoughts

  • Ovid

    Putting the bone count in the title turns the whole thing into a love letter written as a threat, and I laughed at that. Victoria reads like someone who would never say the words out loud and would still show up with soup when you're sick. I bet Theodore ends up saying it first and she just turns another page :)

    Permalink
  • PaulaOkonkwo

    Theodore is the soft one and Victoria is the menace who already decided he's staying. I'd bet she keeps that book up so he can't see her smiling.

    Permalink